Bates Memorial Presbyterian Church was founded in 1956 to serve the growing Pea Ridge community as an outreach of First Presbyterian Church. We are part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the Presbytery of West Virginia.
- Choir practices Wednesdays at 7:00 PM and Sunday mornings at 10:15 AM.
- Men's Prayer Breakfast meets on Tuesdays at Hardees (Rt. 60) at 7:00 AM for Bible study, fellowship and prayer.
- Presbyterian Women (Alpha Circle) meets on the second Thursday of the month at 12:30 in the church parlor for Bible study, fellowship, and mission work.
- Transitions is a woman's group that meets on the first Monday of the month in the parlor to pray, laugh, and sometimes cry together as they try to figure out situations handed to them by life.
- Women's Bible study meets monthly on the second Monday of the month at 7:00 PM in the parlor.
Stained Glass Windows
One of the most beautiful features of the church are the stained glass windows. Created by Franklin Art Glass Studios of Columbus, Ohio using Blenko Glass, the windows depict the life of Christ and the life of the church. The main window (right) is a free form cross open to a variety of interpretations.